1. A 1,200-pound horse eats about seven times it's own weight each year.
2. A bean has more DNA per cell than a human cell.
3. A Blue Earth, Minnesota, law declares that no child under the age of twelve may talk over the telephone unless monitored by a parent.
4. A broken clock is right at least twice a day.
5. A shark can detect one part of blood in 100 million parts of water.
6. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
7. A cat has 4 rows of whiskers and they're used to determine if a space is too small to squeeze through.
8. A Chicago law forbids eating in a place that is on fire.
9. A fetus acquires fingerprints at the age of three months.
10. A fingernail or toenail takes about 6 months to grow from base to tip.
11. A full moon is nine times brighter than a half moon.
12. A full-grown pumpkin has about 15 miles of roots.
13. A person will die from total lack of sleep sooner than from starvation. Death will occur about 10 days without sleep, while starvation takes a few weeks.
14. A group of crows is called a murder.
15. A healthy individual releases 3.5 oz. of gas in a single flatulent emission (a fart), or about 17 oz. in a day.
16. A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside.
17. A honeybee can fly at fifteen miles per hour.
18. A human head remains conscious for about 15 to 20 seconds after it is been decapitated.
19. A jumbo jet uses 4,000 gallons of fuel to take off.
20. A man and woman in Mexico city were engaged for 67 yrs and finally married at the age of 82 yrs.
21. A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years.
22. A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend, Indiana.
23. A person uses approximately fifty-seven sheets of toilet paper each day.
24. A pig is the only animal than can get sunburned.
25. A pound of grasshoppers is three times as nutritious as a pound of beef.
26. A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn't give her coffee.
27. A scientist who weighed people immediately before and after death concluded that the human soul weighs 21 grms.
28. A snail can travel over a razor blade without cutting itself.
29. A study of pet owners found that 66% claimed they allowed their pets to remain in the bedroom during intercourse.
30. A typical bed usually houses over 6 billion dust mites.
Date: 10 Mar 2007 | Author: mesmerX | Category: News
| Views: 2662
Enojyed this article? Share it and let others know: